Dear colleagues,

I've started a new thread for this as the other one is already quite long.

Radio 4 have addressed the issue of essay mills again last night. They
interviewed an essay writer and got their opinions on and motivations for
doing what they do. A lot of food for thought.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b078w8z9 The interview starts at just
before 44mins.

I would like to say that David Hardman's email regarding the redundancies
at London Met was a sad but rather fitting end to the previous thread. It
ties to together the issues of the cutting/casualising of learning and
development and the problem of essay mills which this interview highlights.
I'm sure we all offer our support to colleagues in this terrible situation.

Please listen and then I'm sure quite a heated discussion will commence,
there is a lot to discuss.

Regards,

Stephen

--
*Stephen Gow*

*Academic Integrity Coordinator*

Academic Support Office
Harry Fairhurst Building, Room LFA/132
University of York
Heslington
YORK
YO10 5DD
01904 321135

Plagiarism Advice Academic Network - China and UK
<http://www.plagiarismadvice.org/academic-network#china>

Gow, S. (2014). A cultural bridge for academic integrity? Mainland Chinese
master’s graduates of UK institutions returning to China. *International
Journal for Educational Integrity*, *10*(1).
<http://www.ojs.unisa.edu.au/index.php/IJEI/article/view/935>