Dear All,

please join us next Thursday for a roundtable hosted by the UCL Institute of Advanced Studies and organised by the UCL Comparative Literature Programme. We will consider experiences of intimacy and of otherness (in fiction, in life), explore moments and spaces of encounter, and discuss if and how familiarity produces integration. At 7pm, we will raise a toast to UCL's new BA Comparative Literature, starting in September 2016.

INTIMATE STRANGERS - CONTESTED SPACES OF EVERYDAY CROSS-CULTURAL ENCOUNTER
IAS Common Ground, Ground Floor, South Wing, Wilkins Building
Thursday, 19 May 2016: 5pm-7.30pm

Speakers

  *   Dr Seth Anziska (Hebrew and Jewish Studies)
  *   Prof. Rachel Bowlby (Comparative Literature and English)
  *   Dr Florian Mussgnug (Comparative Literature and Italian)
  *   Dr Peter Zusi (School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies)

Chair: Prof. Phiroze Vasunia (Greek and Latin)

For further details, please see http://www.ucl.ac.uk/institute-of-advanced-studies/ias-events/comparative-literature-intimate-strangers-contested-spaces-of-everyday-cross-cultural-encounter

Best wishes,
Florian

--
Dr Florian Mussgnug
Reader in Italian and Comparative Literature