From: GP-UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adrian Midgley
Sent: 19 May 2016 09:52
To: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: formulae and algorithms

The recent use of a published algorithm with source code for cardiac event risk/decision on statin being implemented in a closed source system - wrongly - and the  considerable delay before this was noticed is interesting, is it not?

Have a look around for Marcus Baw's efforts on the algorithms and calculators.

There may be one or two in http://ganfyd.org

Feel free to add to that, please.

Describing a mathematical formula as a medical device makes me think people have gone rather mad, but going by TPP's experience and that of their customers, it doesn't seem likely to achieve one of its stated aims.