This is to invite interested persons to the 11th  International Conference of the African Association of Remote Sensing of the Environment to be held in Kampala, Uganda from the 24th - 28th of October 2016. The theme for the conference is "Our Earth, Our Heritage: Harnessing geospatial technology for sustainable development in Africa". There are 10 sub themes namely;

Space and earth observation technology for sustainable development goals (SDG’s)

ii.     Disaster risk management and resilience

iii.   From climate change to climate risk management

iv.   Human capital development in geospatial science

v.    Big Data and spatial data infrastructure utility and management

vi.   Africa space policy and strategy: Cost benefit of space technology

vii. Geospatial science and technology for water and watershed management

viii.     Conflict management, human security and peace

ix.   Cities and demographic transitions

x.    Geospatial technologies for Energy Management

Details of the conference can be found at www.aarse2016.org.

There are opportunities for being a conference sponsor, sponsoring a side event, preconference workshop and/or an exhibition stand. Enclosed herewith are the conference poster and brochure for your perusal. The call for abstracts is already out and abstracts are being accepted at: http://aarse2016.org/call-and-submission-abstracts . I will be glad to offer any further information should you need any clarification

Regards

Dr. Anthony Gidudu
Co-chair LOC AARSE2016
Head
Department of Geomatics and Land Management
Makerere University
Kampala, Uganda
Tel.: +256782017541