FINAL CHANCE TO REGISTER FOR BOOK LAUNCH OF ‘ENGINEERING GEOLOGY AND
GEOMORPHOLOGY OF GLACIATED AND PERIGLACIATED TERRAINS’, 1st JUNE 2016.

Publicity for the book launch has initiated considerable interest and
discussion across the ground engineering community. However, with the
current number of delegates registered, we may regrettably have to cancel
the event.

We know that as busy professionals we like leaving registration until the
last minute, but please can we urge you all to spread the word and register
to attend *by Friday 20th May* so that we can make a decision on the event
viability?

This important state-of-the-art publication is the outcome of four years
collaboration between Quaternary geographers, geomorphologists, engineering
geologists and geotechnical engineers. The book will have a significant
impact on the way that ground models are developed in the UK and similar
environments overseas, which will influence future ground investigation
specification, modelling, design and construction practice.

The book launch seminar will provide a concise overview of the report
structure and proposed methodology, with the opportunity to hear directly
from the leaders in the field *(including four Glossop Medal Lecturers)*and
discuss the implications for UK practice.  The panel discussion at the end
of the seminar will include representatives from key client organisations,
as well as the working party members and lead authors.

This is the one and only time that you will be able to get an overview
presented of a piece of work that will change ground engineering in
practice. As such, attending the book launch will be of immense value to
team and section leaders within industry who will have to offer the
opportunity of being up to date on this subject to their clients, and
supervise those under their current practice as they embrace this work.
This one day could save many days of work in the office.

Please email the convenor ([log in to unmask]) if you are
planning to attend the event but have not yet registered, or if you have
any other queries.

--
Dave Giles

BSc (Hons), PhD, CGeol, FGS, FHEA

Principal Lecturer in Engineering Geology
Chartered Geologist
Burnaby Building
University of Portsmouth

Tel. 023 92842248