Hi Matt

Is this position open to all students or just those with US citizenship?

Stephen

On 22 May 2016 at 16:50, Matt Kohn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Just a quick note that I’m still looking for a graduate student RA to work on a project funded by the US National Science Foundation to investigate Raman spectroscopic systematics in mineral inclusions. The main idea is to explore thermobarometrically useful mineral pairs and identify limiting factors in the applicability of thermoba-Raman-try (e.g. maximum T, mineral shape, etc.). I’m mainly interested in metamorphic systems, but there’s latitude to consider igneous systems also.

A student could start as early as this fall, or January, depending on his/her schedule. I welcome either MS- or PhD-level candidates.

Please have students contact me directly.

Thanks,

Matt

Dr. Matthew J. Kohn, University Distinguished Professor
Department of Geosciences, Boise State University
1910 University Dr.; MS1535
Boise, ID 83725-1535
http://earth.boisestate.edu/mattkohn/
phone: (208)-426-2757   fax: (208)-426-4061

Professor J. Stephen Daly
Director, National Centre for Isotope Geochemistry
UCD School of Earth Sciences
Science Centre West
University College Dublin, Belfield
Dublin 4, Ireland.
Tel: +353 1 7162327 (note change of office phone number); +353 87 205 1198
http://www.ucd.ie/geology/