Sorry Folks,

I sent around the wrong link with the event invite.

Please find the correct one below.

Jenny

Dear All,

Please join us at The Langley Academy for our 2016 Museum Learning Conference:

 Challenge, Context, Content: Schools, museums and the national curriculum

Friday 1st July, 2016

The Langley Academy, Slough, SL3 7EF

Bookings are via Eventbrite here

Are you in a school or a museum responding to the new national curriculum?
Last year we surveyed the secondary curriculum changes.  Our findings can be summed up as: more challenge, more context, more content. We hope you will join us at our Museum Learning conference on the 1st July 2016 to go deeper and explore:

Nicky Morgan of Arts Council England is going to share some of their recent research into Museum Learning and the Cultural Education Challenge.  Sandra Stancliffe from Historic England will be speaking about the award-winning Heritage Schools initiative and we will hear from the  "My Primary School Is a Museum" project. Gina Axford, Head of English at The Langley Academy will share her experience of how museum resources are helping her with the new GCSE curriculum.

The breakout sessions will include speed consultation, art and astrophysics, moving stories, tips from the classroom, and practical object handling.
The day will be chaired by Lord Bichard. We will be joined by the academy's Museum Council students who will make sure we are asking the right questions.

We hope you can join us,

The Museum Learning  Team

Megan Barker

Museum Learning Officer