Hi Aleksandra,

This explains: TFCE considers the spatial signal as spread across multiple neighbouring voxels, something that SPSS cannot do, so neither the same F-test, nor the post hoc t-tests are guaranteed to be significant -- and often they are not, as TFCE is more powerful.

That said, even in randomise, the post hoc t-tests may still not be significant, as TFCE doesn't guarantee that the relationship between the F-test and its constituent (post hoc) t-tests are preserved.

All the best,

Anderson