Dear Jesper,

Thanks again for your answer - your advice has definitely helped us advance a lot. We do not want to keep on bugging you with this issue any longer, but please let us ask two last questions: We followed your advice and extracted the intensities for these hyperintense and some other control voxels. What we noticed is that in the "control" voxels (i.e. voxels of normal intensity), one sees a clear peak for every b0 measurement (every 11th volume, starting with 0). However, the hyperintense ones do not show a peak for the first b0. Accordingly, the eddy-current corrected time series of those voxels looks again "noisier" than in "normal" voxels. You can find some screenshots under the following link (data = data; ec_data = eddy-current corrected data):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96E4D997463AC1C1!2832&authkey=!AEqDrvGGTQTEGZ0&ithint=folder%2ctiff

-> Can you make any sense out of that?

-> Concerning our acquisition, the only thing I can think of discriminating these images from other datasets is, that the brains they map show large hemispheric lesions and therefore contain large liquor-filled compartments. Do you think this might influence the SNR and cause hyperintense voxels?

Thank you very much again!

Best,

Theodor.