What sits behind a paywall and what is available for free is more complicated then companies only valuing financial profit.

As authors, are we all making sure we publish with Open Access publishers? I will admit that I am not. Are we submitting our pre-professionally edited manuscripts to the open access repositories at our institutions or publishing them ourselves online? I do that sometimes but not always.

As investigators, have we run across online and print resources where we are forced to question the validity of the claims made because the source is unknown and thus unreliable?

Is anyone really conducting scientific work and discovering without any financial support from anywhere? Is any of this really free?

--
Susan Fowler, MLIS
Medical Librarian

Evidence at Becker:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/ebm

Systematic Reviews Guide:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/SystematicReviews

Becker Medical Library, Washington University in St. Louis
314-362-8092