From: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Jon Brassey <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 10:08 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: Cochrane's EMBASE screening project - did you participate?

Dear Nancy,

We both agree on the amazing contribution of the volunteers. However, from there our positions diverge.

The UNANIMOUS response (both on and off list) is disquiet about Cochrane's position on this matter. So I think an apology to volunteers is in order.

Also, you ask about how to make the contributor experience as positive as possible. It's really simple, stop putting profit and control first. The volunteers have given their time for free to maximise health gain (not Cochrane-Wiley's profits) - so respect their views.

I started this thread praising the aims of the project - I stand by this. And, if you do the decent thing and open up access, you'll have no bigger supporter than me.

Best wishes

jon