Dear all,

I attended an amazing free day of training on embedding various
protected characteristics within adult education at City Lit yesterday and it was
live streamed and recorded.  You can
access it on this link.  http://livestream.com/L4L/ident

It is always extremely useful  to hear how other
providers do it and see practical example of inclusion in a range of settings. Sadly ESOL was not specifically featured ... but you know me by now and I made sure we were not forgotten and one of the connection I made led to me sending you the links in  my previous email on the research linking poverty and language acquisition (to support future Save ESOL Campaigns)
The equalities toolkit has been supporting E&D inclusion projects and initiatives for half a decade  ( I think) and their resources can be found on this link http://www.equalitiestoolkit.com/

make sure you use them before they too disappear !! we have already lost the talent website among other resources Just type ESOL in their search engine and you will find a fantastic wealth of resources.

Please feel free to cascade to relevant staff and departments.

Thank you
Laila El-Metoui Education Consultant & Teacher Educator Schools Out UK FE Advisor / Member of Action of ESOL & NATECLA LondonBlog  https://lelmeducation.wordpress.com, /  Twitter @lelmeducationWebsite  www.lelmeducation.com  Supporter of  http://www.ruthhaymantrust.org.uk

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to