Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
EYT Logo
3-month Volunteer Placements Available for Autumn 2016!

To the Russian Department,

Now that the end of the school year is fast approaching, we would be grateful if you would forward this reminder to your students to make them aware of Ecologia Youth Trust's work and encourage them to volunteer
at Kitezh-Orion Children's Communities in Russia during their study abroad year.

With placements available from late August 2016, our well-established programme offers students a unique opportunity to improve their Russian language skills, whilst making a valuable contribution to the lives of orphaned and abandoned children.

Many thanks for your continued support,

Liza Hollingshead

Chief Executive
Ecologia Youth Trust

A unique way to experience Russia - poster
Set in the peaceful Kaluga countryside, Kitezh and Orion Children's Communities are home to Russian foster families providing a safe, nurturing environment - as well as an innovative educational and therapeutic programme - for orphaned and abandoned children. Since 1995, the two communities have also hosted over 350 volunteers from the UK and other countries. Living with Russian families and interacting on a daily basis with children and community members, our volunteers are encouraged to speak Russian as much as possible, whilst using their individual skills and talents to enrich the lives of the children. Many return again and again - here is what they say:

"I have come to understand that I am being useful even when helping with seemingly the most insignificant of tasks. And in return, I have received not just an incredible insight into Russian culture, and countless language sessions, but, as clichéd as it may sound, I have also learned a lot more about life and myself."
Jessica Fitch-Bunce, Cambridge University, Volunteer at Kitezh 2015

" Firstly, cost-wise Kitezh was brilliant because it was inexpensive compared with other language courses and it was nice that most of the money was going to the community. My Russian improved very quickly in such a short space of time which prepared me massively for the next part of my year abroad. If you are looking to improve your language skills then this is definitely the place. I am still in awe of how much more confidently I am speaking Russian now than when I first arrived in Kitezh."
Amy Bretton, Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, Volunteer at Kitezh 2015

“Volunteering at Orion was a life-changing three months – I matured, became more selfless and learned so much more than I ever thought possible. I came home with a beautiful sense of community and belonging.”

Georgiana Davies, UCL, Volunteer at Orion 2014

Our programme is less expensive than those of other organisations and, according to our volunteers, more rewarding than other study abroad programmes.

We will provide you with:
  • A placement in an established Russian organisation with experienced UK backup.
  • Reliable support with visas, travel and transfers to and from Moscow airport.
  • Extensive pre-departure preparation and contact with previous volunteers.
  • Accommodation and meals.
To find out more about Kitezh and Orion, their work with orphaned children and our Volunteers' experiences, please visit our Volunteers Page.

We look forward to welcoming you to Kitezh or Orion in 2016/17!

Kind regards from all at Ecologia Youth Trust and Kitezh and Orion Children's Communities.
Ecologia Youth Trust,
66 The Park, Forres, Moray,
IV36 3TD, Scotland

www.ecologia.org.uk
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)1309 690995
Email:
Ecologia Youth Trust is a Scottish Charity, No. SC023976

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
Ecologia Youth Trust · The Park · Forres, Moray IV36 3TD · United Kingdom

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp