We also have used DisabledGo, but haven’t found the way they produce the maps and diagrams very helpful. We are going to feedback to them as it is all new, so the issues that have arisen may be resolved. The main problems are– very complex and detailed instructions, not all screen reader accessible, and less useful overview maps and diagrams. We are a difficult University though with lots of small and big sites.

Barbara Denton

Assistive Technology Coordinator

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan Coleman
Sent: 24 May 2016 11:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Making building maps more usable

Dear Beck,

This university – and several others – have worked with DisabledGo to create maps and guides. There is a cost – which your Estates department might meet or contribute to. Our pages are here:

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/disabilities

Feel free to contact me direct if you would like more information.

Best wishes,

Bryan

Bryan Coleman

Head of Disability & Dyslexia Support Service

Student Services Department

University of Sheffield

0114 222 1303

www.sheffield.ac.uk/disability