The third possibility is that Mrs Bloggs is the subscriber.  For example, some years ago I set up email accounts in my wife's name that she still uses.

The point being that the DC has no way of knowing who the subscriber (in PECR terms) is.

What if Mrs Bloggs had been the first to supply the email address to the DC, would that change your view of who is the subscriber ... or is it predicated on the name?  If so, what of [log in to unmask], where the users are James and Jessie?  Who is the subscriber? Alternatively, whom would it be reasonable for the DC to assume is the subscriber.

I had a previous instance where two individuals resided at the same postal address and shared an email address when ordering items.  To complicate matters, they seemed to share payment cards too.  One complained, but in that case the ICO did not require the removal of marketing consent from the other party [a not-uncommon inconsistency in their findings].  My view then was, "Sort your differences out at home, chaps."