Just to send colleagues a reminder of our call for applicants to our Birmingham Fellows scheme.  This is designed for early career (postdoc) researchers and offers a permanent post, with a five year protected period with limited teaching/admin to undertake high quality research.

The closing date for applications is 13 May 2016.

---------------------------

As part of ongoing investment in the Human Geography Group at Birmingham, one of the advertised themes for this year's Birmingham Fellowships is in the area of Critical Urbanism.  More information about the Birmingham Fellows scheme and the link for applications can be found at:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/excellence/fellows/birmingham-fellows.aspx

If you'd like more information or an informal chat please get in touch with Phil Jones ([log in to unmask], +44121 414 5546) who is acting as the lead for recruiting under the Critical Urbanism theme.

The School of Geographical Sciences is an equal opportunities employer and holds an Athena Swan Bronze award. Female and BME staff are under-represented in the School and so we would particular value applications from such candidates. The School welcomes applications from candidates looking for flexible part time/job share arrangements as part of the appointment. Professor Eva Valsami-Jones is ([log in to unmask]; +44121 4145537) and the School's Equality and Diversity Lead (and current Birmingham Fellow) Dr Sara Fregonese ([log in to unmask]; +44121 414 3635) are available to discuss the School's equal opportunities policies.

Dr Phil Jones

Senior Lecturer in Cultural Geography

Human Geography Research Group Co-Leader

School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences University of Birmingham Edgbaston Birmingham

B15 2TT

t: +44 (0)121 414 5546

f: +44 (0)121 414 5528

Twitter: @philjonesgeog

Bio: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/gees/jones-phil.aspx

Edited collection Creative Economies, Creative Communities now available:

https://www.routledge.com/products/9781472451378

Read the blog for the AHRC-funded Cultural Intermediation project:

http://www.culturalintermediation.org.uk

Second Edition of Urban Regeneration in the UK out now

http://www.uk.sagepub.com/books/Book237213