As the school year is wrapping up, we're offering the documentary Glacial Balance at a discount for academic and personal use. In addition, for every K-12 license purchased (for $25), we will donate a copy to the K-12 school of your choice. Please indicate in the "notes" field of the purchase the name of the school/contact where you would like the donated copy to be sent to. Trailers can be seen at glacialbalance.com.

Glacial Balance is a journey to witness stories of locals along the Andes (through Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina), giving a narrative of climate change impacts on communities and on-site visits with scientists studying glaciers & the hydrologic system. I shot the film to communicate difficult scientific concepts in understandable language, without narrators, through the words of Andeans and scientists themselves. Disciplines addressed include geography, the humanities, agriculture, Latin American cultures, the scientific process and climate change.

“Piercing” - Bill McKibben

“Beautifully filmed... highly recommended” - Video Librarian

“Stunningly beautiful... haunting” - The Japan Times

I'm also booking dates for university visits to screen the film, hold classroom visits/discussions, and training workshops to train researchers how to shoot quality footage of their research in the field. Recent workshops have been held at Penn State and the University of Washington. Please email me at [log in to unmask] to address questions, obtain references, discuss sliding scale pricing, or to schedule a visit.

Thanks,
Ethan Steinman
Daltonic Films
E: [log in to unmask]