Dear Chen,

Could you provide a bit more information?  Did Phaser run for a while before this error message was triggered.  If so, could you send me the logfile that was produced before it crashed (preferably offline)?

Thanks for reporting the problem!

Best wishes,

Randy Read
> On 5 May 2016, at 17:06, Chen Zhao <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I encountered a fairly common error from phaser (2.6.1) but I do not know how to fix it. The error message is:

> The program run with command: /usr/local/src/ccp4-7.0/bin/phaser
> has failed with error message
> child killed: segmentation violation
>
> I was trying to search for 1 copy of ensemble1 and 4 copies of ensemble2. Alternatively, I also tried search 1 copy of ensemble1 and 4 times 1 copy of ensemble2. And both way yielded this error.
>
> I appreciate your input!
>
> Best,
> Chen

------
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research      Tel: + 44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                   Fax: + 44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                    E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                       www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk