To decide whether the resolution is good enough for small molecule
direct methods, I prefer to use the traditional I > 2sigma(I)
cutoff. Modern refinement programs can extract useful information at
lower resolution than that. If you really have I >2sigma(I) to 1.14A
then it would be worth trying shelxd for native direct methods. You will
have to be patient, a recent comparable RNA structure took it a week to
solve on an 8-CPU computer (Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 52 (2013)
10370-10373), but then it found almost every atom. The advantage of
direct methods is that they do not require a model, and since only about
half of your molecule would fit into the asymmetric unit, it may not be
exactly what you are hoping for.

George

--
Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS