Dear CCP4 users,

I think it is good place to ask for help. Last time I've tried
crystallize a one interesting DNA oligo molecule with 52 bases. I've
expected self-association of the molecule with hairpin duplex structure
and a loop in the middle of this construct. After three years of fails
and salts crystals, I recorded data up to 1.14 A, Rmerge 8.4%, SG C2,
unit cell 49.42 24.69 50.23 90.00 118.48 90.00. Judging from Matthews
coeff. it looks like the content is smaller than expected. I've tried
use several models for MR - single and duplex structures of DNA with
different length, as well as some fragments of single stranded
structures e.g. aptamers of dnazymes. And still no solution. Is it
possible to solve this structure by another method using only this
native dataset?

Best regards

Rafal

--
|Rafal Dolot, Ph.D.                            |