Heterodox Economics Newsletter

Issue 197 May 23, 2016 web pdf Heterodox Economics Directory

In the last few weeks we have collected corrections and suggestions for further improving the recently released 6th edition of the Heterodox Economics Directory - many thanks to all those who contributed novel content or corrections and thereby made it possible to publish this final version, which serves as a readily available guide to Heterodox Economics useful to researchers, students and lay-people alike.

Having been so obsessed with digital directories in the last few weeks I sometimes felt the urge to look back and remember a really solid, well-done and voluminous Internet Archive on the History of Economic Thought, which I used a lot back in my days as a graduate student to educate myself in the history and diversity of economics. Regrettably, this archive has at some day disappeared from the web (back then it was hosted by the New School, NY, as far as I remember) and was never to be found again – until (*drums about here*) I received an email last week, which announced the official comeback of the "History of Economic Thought Website", compiled and updated by Gonçalo Fonseca. Many thanks, dear Gonçalo, for reviving this impressive and essential piece of work!

While directories and archives like these serve as a comforting foundation for research in heterodox economics and (the history of) political economy, much more interesting stuff on "cutting-edge" issues and current opportunities in these areas are to be found below - in the contents of your favorite Newsletter ;-)

All the best,

Jakob

© public domain

Table of contents