Umm. Maybe Mayan or Chinese:

"North America contains the largest number of oak species, with approximately 90 occurring in the United States. Mexico has 160 species, of which 109 are endemic. The second greatest center of oak diversity is China, which contains approximately 100 species.” Your go-to-for-info friend Wikipedia.

On May 28, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Jamie McKendrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Surely oaks talk in English?

From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" class="">Jaime Robles
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2016 8:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" class="">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: names

If I was a tree and someone insisted on calling me a tomato I would take it amiss.

Point taken, Jamie. However, does a tree even think of itself as “tree”? Ha ha.

All those names we’ve given our vegetable matter have not been approved by vegetable matter itself. For all we know the true name of a tree is:  "vt;niagabhe gkjr ;g”
(without the quotation marks).

Cheers,