The BFI National Archive is pleased to announce that it has received the archives of pioneering investigative TV journalist, Alan Whicker, donated by Valerie Kleeman, Whicker’s World Foundation. The collection contains meticulous records of one of the most enduring and influential careers in British television history, spanning the late 1950s into the 21st century.

http://bit.ly/1ZtFapJ
http://bit.ly/1ZtFapJ+

The archive, which starts with a 1938 school report, was handed over by his long-term partner, Valerie Kleeman.

She said she hoped it would "be of help and guidance to generations to come".

The name of Whicker, who died in 2013, was a "by-word for brilliantly crafted and revealing studies of people and places", the BFI said.

http://bbc.in/1UK3lAV
http://bbc.in/1UK3lAV+

With his debonair persona and neat moustache, Alan Whicker took television audiences to far-flung corners of the world long before the days of mass travel, a suave Englishman abroad who brought the famous and the infamous into Britain’s living rooms with his original interviewing style.

Now, almost three years after his death, the documentary maker’s entire personal archive has been donated to the public and will become available through the British Film Institute (BFI).

http://bit.ly/1q7nsfF
http://bit.ly/1q7nsfF+

--
Peterk