Dear Colleague

The National Archives is funding a bursary to support someone working in archives to attend the Clore Leadership Programme short course in 2016/17. The Clore short course is a well established and recognised leadership development scheme. During a two week residential you will learn the skills and knowledge successful cultural leaders require. You will gain a wider understanding of the cultural sector and develop a network of fellow leaders. The course blends real-life examples with group work, practical skills and tools. Your active participation is encouraged and you will be expected to challenge and stretch yourself. Sharing with and learning from each other features strongly across the fortnight. You should have 5 years work experience and the course is available to those working independently as well as those employed by an organisation.

I cannot over emphasise how useful people have found this course. Its mix of practical tools, joint experiences and support to develop your strengths is unique.  It has been a while since there has been an archives bursary for this course, so don't wait for the next one.

“The sequence of the speakers was so well curated and ordered. I arrived at each stage of the process just at the right time to receive that wisdom.” Short Course Participant, February 2015

“Possibly the two most important weeks in my professional career." Short Course Participant, February 2015

For a course review from a LIS professional see http://www.joeyanne.co.uk/2015/05/05/clore-leadership-short-course/

Successful applicants (or their employers)  pay £950 + VAT with the balance of the course fee being covered by the bursary. To apply simply complete the online application form and state which bursary you are applying for. Applications for the next two Short Courses are now open and will close at noon, 23 June, 2016.

See more at: http://www.cloreleadership.org/short-courses.aspx#sthash.lVkr6Zax.dpuf

I'm happy, as a former leader on the course, to offer advice to those considering applying, but for practical details please contact Clore directly.

Regards

Janice

Janice Tullock,BA,DAA,PGCert,RMARA.
Archival and Heritage Consultant