This survey is open to all Record Keepers.

Emotional support needs for record keepers

The Archives and Records Association is researching the emotional support needs of records keepers whether they are archivists, records managers or archive conservators. This message is for everyone who works in recordkeeping, regardless of ARA membership.

We believe there is a large unmet need for emotional support for those working in recordkeeping and want to understand the true level of need and what sort of services could be offered to meet this need.

We know that archivists and recordkeepers can be affected - even traumatised - by the records they care for. We want to know more about the extent of this and learn what support and guidance may be required.

We also know that the wider pressures of our everyday working environment, the implications of budget cuts and restructuring of services are affecting people. In an industry where so many work alone, we want to put in place help and support in personally difficult times.

As part of our wider research we are asking record keepers to help. We want to know if you have been affected by your work, what services you have access to; and what services you need access to. We also want to know if you feel you have not been affected- we want to get it right.

Please take part in a short and entirely anonymous survey available via this link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/araemotionalsupport .

The survey closes on Friday 10th June.

Thank you

John Chambers

Chief Executive

Archives and Records Association

The information contained in this email is confidential.  It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and not for circulating without agreement.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) you are hereby notified that any circulation or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  Any opinions expressed may be those of the individual and not necessarily the Archives & Records Association (UK & Ireland).  Registered as a Charity in England & Wales No. 1041063.  Registered as a Charity in Scotland No. SCO41671.  Registered with Limited Liability in England and Wales No. 2969472.  Registered Office: Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate 1, Blackbrook Business Park, Taunton, Somerset TA1 2PX