Dear Kathleen,
I cannot provide any instances in the Levant, (although I imagine it was common in antiquity, as it is now).  However, there is a specific instance of pre-charred olive pits in an amphora outside a kiln in Roman Africa; and a lot of olives noted as fuel in Pompeii (pre AD79). Various authors - Charlene Murphy (in insula VI.i), Sylvie Coubray et al (bakeries - extensive use as fuel); Erica Rowan (Herculaneum sewer, roughly 1st c AD).  Most of these references are collected together in Erica’s article in AJA 119(4) 465-482, 'Olive oil pressing waste as a fuel in antiquity’ which also provides a good general overview.
Please write to me offlist if you need more help.
Regards, Robyn.

Dr Robyn Veal

Affiliate researcher,
McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Department of Archaeology,
Fellow and tutor, Hughes Hall
University of Cambridge.

Honorary research associate, University of Sydney

www.robynveal.com