Greetings, I am trying to identify a charred wooden post from a site in the Ecuadorian Andes. My comparative collection from this area is very small. I have also used InsideWood and it could be a Lauraceae. A photograph of the cross section is attached. I have many other images and an anatomical description, and can share them offline if anyone can help. Also, could anyone recommend an ethnobotanical reference for the area? Any help would be much appreciated. Jen -- Jennifer Huebert, Ph.D. International Archaeological Research Institute, Inc. 2081 Young St. Honolulu, HI 96826 (808) 946-2548 x107