Statistician (Postdoctoral Research Associate)

Ref

MBP01619

Department

Health Sciences

Job Type

Research

Specific Location

University of Leicester

Contract Type

Full Time Fixed Term Contract

.

Job Purpose

Statistician (Postdoctoral Research Associate)

College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology

Department of Health Sciences

Salary Grade 7 - £32,600 to £37,768 per annum

Fixed term contract for 2 years or until 30th June 2018 (whichever is sooner)

The University of Leicester is a world-leading institution, marked by a belief in the synergy of research and teaching. With over 23,000 students, including 4,300 from overseas, and 3,800 staff, including over 1,200 active researchers, we believe a university should empower, inspire and innovate. Under the leadership of our new President and Vice-Chancellor, Professor Paul Boyle, the University is entering an exciting new phase of development with an ambitious and transformative agenda for 2020 and beyond, building on our achievements to date.

We are seeking an outstanding Statistician to join our successful Department of Health Sciences

You will use your experience in statistical analysis to undertake analyses of rich epidemiological datasets and address epidemiological research questions contributing as a team member to the wider program of research led by Prof. Martin Tobin and Dr Louise Wain. This will involve contributions to original epidemiological research using unique “big data” from local studies as well as from collaborative national and international studies. It will also involve contributions to strengthening of research infrastructure and the design and development of new studies. The post-holder will be contributing to a team undertaking large-scale epidemiology and genetic epidemiology studies for a range of traits, including respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease and drug response.

Click here for further information and details about this position

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Professor Martin Tobin on [log in to unmask] or 01162297270.

The closing date for applications is midnight  on 15th June 2016. We anticipate that interviews will be held on Friday 1st July 2016.

Click here to apply

We are also advertising for a Statistical Geneticist (Postdoctoral Research Associate) – more details here.

SIGNOFF allstat

SIGNOFF allstat