Hi All

We have 30 CoaguChek XS Pro meters in use in our anticoagulant department, and we have noticed a trend with our QC where the results are sitting consistently low with a particular batch combination of test strips (183) and control solution (184).  The range for these two batch numbers is 1.7 to 2.5 with results hovering between 1.8 and 1.9, which is consistent with the pre-acceptance testing that was performed.  While these results are within the default 3SD range, the 1.8 results sit outside of the 2SD.  We did not see any issues with test strips 183 and control solution 179, and we were wondering if this is something that any other Trusts have identified?

We will be reporting this issue to Roche, but we were interested to see whether this has been identified in any other Trusts.

Best wishes

Michelle

Michelle Bennett

Point of Care Testing Lead