Hi Paul,

No, it does an authenticated check that the account exists rather than with the end user’s credentials or anonymous which WebPA does at the moment
This bit in particular implements it in PHP with bind dn - https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/auth/ldap/auth.php#L178-L226

I figured the above could inspire a PHP dev to get that working.

Thanks
Alistair