Dear SPMers,

I created a function that performs first level analysis and then should save a glass brain using the following code:

    spm('defaults','fmri');
    spm_get_defaults('cmdline',true)
    spm_jobman('initcfg');

    clear matlabbatch
    matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.results.spmmat = {fullfile(fullpath_folder,...
        'SPM.mat')};
    matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.results.conspec.contrasts = contrast;
    matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.results.conspec.threshdesc = mult_cor;
    matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.results.conspec.thresh = pthresh;
    matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.results.conspec.extent = clust;
    matlabbatch{1}.spm.stats.results.print = false;
    spm_jobman('run',matlabbatch);

    MIP = spm_mip(xSPM.Z,xSPM.XYZmm,xSPM.M);
    imwrite(MIP,gray(64),'Glass_brain.png','png');

When I run the matlabbatch (not the MIP lines) by pressing F9, a xSPM variable is generated in the workspace and it works like a charm.

But when I run it by calling the function that contains it, xSPM is not created (or does not remain in the workspace). Therefore, I am not able to run the MIP line.

Any lights on what I should do to make xSPM appear in the workspace after running matlabbatch via function call?

Cheers,
Raphael

--
Raphael F. Casseb