Thanks for clarification~~Best, Chunliang

发件人: "MCLAREN, Donald";<[log in to unmask]>;
发送时间: 2016年4月8日(星期五) 晚上11:10
收件人: "SPM"<[log in to unmask]>;
主题: Re: [SPM] comparing parametric modulations in different orders

For (1): You could do this. You will have 1 PM regressor for cond1 and 2 PM regressors for cond2 in the design matrix.

For (2): No. It doesn't make sense to compare the quadratic term to the linear term. At the second level, you'd want to compare the 2 linear terms and the 2 quadratic terms as you want to compare between conditions. This also means you need the quadratic term for cond1 as you want to show that the quadratic terms are significantly different.

Best,
Donald

Best Regards,
Donald McLaren, PhD