This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Fantastic CPD opportunities await!

What some previous committee members have said...

“Ultimately it led to my current job, looking after social history collections”

“It has given me new skills and networking opportunities”

“It gave me increased confidence in organising events”

Are you an early or mid-career professional working in a museum or heritage site.  Are you looking to enhance your skills or find new opportunities to do something different?  You may be who we are looking for.  SHCG is looking for new Trustees this year.  There are a variety of posts available and two of them are key roles; Secretary and Treasurer (3 year term).  All you need for these two roles is solid organisational skills, a calendar for one, and a calculator for the other.  Don’t let the titles put you off!  For a full role description please visit http://www.shcg.org.uk/Committee

We are also looking for a Chair Elect.  This role is a three year term with the first year getting to grips with the work of the Chair, followed by two years as SHCG Chair. It is not necessary to have served on committee previously.  What is important is a commitment to the strategic direction of SHCG as a charity and a willingness to read and digest the charity’s constitution and policies.  This role allows for a greater impact on the social history community. Full role description at http://www.shcg.org.uk/Committee

There are other opportunities to get involved with SHCG’s core activities such conference or seminars, marketing, journal articles.

New committee members are appointed at AGM each year in June as part of SHCG conference – this year in Lincoln.

Please spread the word and watch out for the Nomination form which will follow soon.

signature

Secretary, Social History Curators Group

Large web logo

www.shcg.org.uk

Follow us @SHCG1

Like us on Facebook

Charity No. 1157994 and SC045254

Registered address: c/o Verulamium Museum, St Michaels Street, ST ALBANS, AL3 4SW

Enquiries: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.shcg.org.uk

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST