An information professional is someone who collects, records, organises, stores, preserves, retrieves and disseminates printed or digital information. The term is most frequently used interchangeably with the term 'librarians', knowledge managers and archivists, etc. According to Noruzi (2006), “In the 21st century, governments must recognise this need for information use and literacy as a means of development.” Hence, information professionals play a key role in national development. The Department of Information Studies of the University of Ghana runs courses from diploma to doctorate levels.

http://bit.ly/1S3QHKf
http://bit.ly/1S3QHKf+

--
Peterk