Hi,

We have a large number of images, some of which get stored in folders in the relevant parts of the shared network drives.

I would like to change this so that all photos are stored in a specific image management software which would support user tagging and help store and manage metadata. Essentially something which will help to manage images as records.

What tends to happen at the moment is that the file name is generally the 'number' of the photo generated by the camera. This makes search, retrieval and organisation difficult.

In an ideal world, but not essential, it would be useful to be able to have a web based system which would enable sharing and exchange of images with partner organisations.

Anyone familiar with this, have any experience, recommendations or ideas?

thanks + rgds

Danny