Hi everyone - I'm being given the opportunity to do a "sales pitch" for a realist synthesis and evaluation about the implementation of the House of Care Model within prison primary health care.  The ethos is based upon person-centredness in particular personalised care and support planning for people with long term conditions (LTCs). The 'House' is described as a checklist to help practices think about how they can adapt to enhance the health and wellbeing of people with LTCs. Key practical aspects include longer appointments with encouragement/support/empowerment of the individual to take more ownership of their health management. Some standard general practitioners and practice nurses have described changes in consultation styles to support this. Some standard practices have also adopted a House of Care approach to all consultations and the way the practice functions as opposed to just the LTC consultations. My initial thought is that for the prison population, a generalised House of Care approach offers advantages.

As a relative novice still in realist synthesis and evaluation, I would greatly value anyone's advice about how such a RS and RE could/should be structured, the duration and the resources needed to do it. My thought would be to look at use the House of Care Model in a smaller prison first which has around 250 people living there. It has a GP visit every weekday morning, a nursing team (none of whom as far as I know have a primary care background) and addictions team. My own time availability would be 1 day clinical and up to 1.5 research. At this point there is no additional staff resource to support it.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes, Jean

[https://houseofcare.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/picture1.png]<https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJjvaVgO3LAhWEbhQKHeRfDpwQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhouseofcare.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F03%2F05%2Funlocking-the-house-of-care%2F&psig=AFQjCNEcnLjWO55xr09hWtn6ApuY8UtPRA&ust=1459584902060158>

 [Image result for house of care picture]

--
The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2015
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,