Van: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens Joanne Greenhalgh
Verzonden: woensdag 20 april 2016 12:15
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: coding C-M-O configurations

Thanks for the papers Purva

Purva and Marleen - you are absolutely right, realist analysis is not about dividing things up into C's, M's and O's.  The whole process, starting with data collection and flowing through to your analysis, is about thinking in terms of CMO configurations.  This should be both the focus of your data collection and your analysis.

Ana Manzano makes this point very clearly in her excellent paper, the craft of interviewing in realist evaluation, which has just been published in Evaluation (online first).

http://evi.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/04/01/1356389016638615.full.pdf+html

Good luck with the PhD Marleen!
Best wishes
Joanne