Oops you can see I am a bit behind with my emails! There's an event tomorrow morning (although it might be too late to register, sorry, my fault) and there will be new info on the website from then too.

Jo
(psci-com owner)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Presentation of Wave 3 Monitor findings exploring UK public knowledge and interest in biomedical research and science
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:17:33 +0000
From: Ethan Greenwood <[log in to unmask]>
To: '[log in to unmask]' <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,
I would be grateful if you could publicise this event to your mailing list.

The results of the Wave 3 (2015) Wellcome Trust Monitor survey which explores the UK  public’s knowledge, interest and attitudes to science and biomedical research will be presented at a
breakfast briefing on Tuesday April 12th at the Wellcome Trust.

The survey covers interest in medical research, science knowledge, trust in sources of medical research information, informal science engagement – such as visiting a science museum/centre and usage and attitudes towards complementary and alternative medicine. New themes explored in this Wave are involvement in medical research and willingness to share data for research, knowledge of antibiotic resistance and behaviour around taking antibiotics, knowledge of the drug development process, the value of science in daily life and confidence in health decision making such as querying a GP’s conclusions.

The invite is below.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/wellcome-trust-monitor-breakfast-briefing-tickets-22647467184

If you’re interested in attending, please can you RSVP no later than 17:00 on Thursday 07 April .

Findings from the previous Monitor Waves can be accessed here http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/About-us/Publications/Reports/Public-engagement/WTX058859.htm

and the results of Wave 3 will be available on the Wellcome Trust website on April 12th.

Feel free to send to anyone else who may be interested.

Regards,

Ethan Greenwood
Project Manager
Wellcome Trust
Gibbs Building
215 Euston Road
London NW1 2BE, UK
T +44 (0)20 7611 8616
F +44 (0)20 7611 8820
E [log in to unmask]
www.wellcome.ac.uk

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)