Thanks Andrew, Max. I passed this poem to someone else who had a similar
experience with this album. They recalled the black spidery suicidal font
of the lyrics in the 12 inch booklet. Poets can look and maybe sniff at
Reed's weirdness and clunk, things like rhyming 'vial' with 'vile' but I
still play 'Men of Good Fortune' and 'Lady Day' with a form of pleasure. I
must be a sucker for gloom on some level.

Bill