Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce on behalf of the GENIE collaboration that GENIE 2.10.6 has been released. You may find details on our webpage:

https://genie.hepforge.org

http://releases.genie-mc.org

This release was produced to satisfy a request from the DUNE collaboration and DUNE provided essentially all of the updated code. We have changed only one model, the Dytman MEC model. No other code was changed and users that do not use that model have no reason to update. Users that do use that model should note the changes carefully - you will need to regenerate cross section splines for that model (not for any others).

Physics changes:
* The MECPXSec cross section (for the Dytman model) is no longer forced to zero at 5 GeV.
* Also for Dytman MEC, the n+n and n+p fractions were swapped for the initial state target in neutrino mode (now n+p targets are more likely). Antineutrino mode was not changed.
* New parameters were added to UserPhysicsOptions.xml to control the n+p fraction in addition to other parameters of the Dytman MECPXSec model.

There are no non-physics changes.

Gabriel Perdue
Associate Scientist

Scientific Computing Division
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
PO Box 500, MS 234, Batavia, IL 60510, USA
Office: 630-840-6499
Cell: 630-605-8062

Connect with us!
Newsletter<http://news.fnal.gov/fermilab-at-work/> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Fermilab> | Twitter<https://www.twitter.com/fermilab>