Please forward to any potentially interested person.

Postdoc and PhD positions are available in the group of Andreas Osterwalder at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.

We study cold molecular collisions using the recently developed merged-beams technique. The technique allows us to investigate, for the first time, chemical reactions in molecular beams at temperatures less than 1 K above absolute zero. We apply it to address fundamental questions in the low-energy scattering dynamics of polyatomic molecules.

We are looking for highly motivated individuals with he following background:
Postdoc — a PhD in Physics or Physical Chemistry, with expertise in cold atoms/molecules, molecular alignment/orientation, reaction dynamics, spectroscopy, or a related field.
PhD — a degree in chemistry or physics, ideally with a focus on chemical/molecular physics or physical chemistry.

Applications should include a cv, an outline of general research interests, and contact details of at least two referees.

For more information and applications please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

EPJ Techniques and Instrumentation 2, 10 (2015)
J. Chem. Phys. 142, 164305 (2015)
Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem. 66, 241 (2015)
J. Chem. Phys. 142, 104311 (2015)
J. Chem. Phys. 140, 244302 (2014)
J. Phys. Chem. A 118, 3875 (2014)

PhD positions require acceptance in the doctoral program of chemistry or physics, for which further information is available at
http://phd.epfl.ch/edch (Chemistry) or http://phd.epfl.ch/edpy (Physics)

Andreas Osterwalder
EPFL-SB-ISIC
Station 6
CH-1015 Lausanne

Tel : +41-21-6937971
Fax: +41-21-6937970

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html