From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Cormack, Margaret Jean <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 18 April 2016 00:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] vision / sight as a means of gaining knowledge

Greetings all,
I´m wondering whether any of you can give me a lead on where to find out about the relative importance of vision (as opposed to hearing) as a  means of gaining knowledge? I don´t want to get into the iconoclast controversy, but I´m  wondering what philosophers and/or theologians had to say about this in the 12th century or later. Can anyone point me to some bibliography?
Thanks,
Meg
to: [log in to unmask]