CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship
Kalamazoo Mentoring Exchange

*Please forward liberally!*

The Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship invites delegates of the
International Medieval Congress on Medieval Studies at WMU in Kalamazoo, MI
(May 12-15, 2016) to participate in the Annual SMFS Mentoring Exchange.

Graduate students, independent scholars, junior and senior faculty members
- anyone at any stage in his/her career is welcome to participate as either
mentors or mentees (or both). The aim of the mentoring exchange is to bring
people together at Kalamazoo. Relationships can continue after the
Kalamazoo congress, but we stress that the congress itself is intended to
be the main venue of the exchange.

Here's how it works:

   1. If you want to participate, simply fill out the form at this link:
   http://goo.gl/forms/xhoKnbPk5O *FIRM DEADLINE: Monday 25 April*
   2. Matches will be announced soon after by email
   3. Mentors, please contact your mentees by email to decide on a good
   time to meet up for coffee, wine hour, etc. during the conference
   4. Enjoy a productive and supportive meeting at Kalamazoo :-)
   5. Stay in touch afterwards if you like!

We encourage people at ALL STAGES of academic life to consider
participating in the exchange. The commitment of time and energy is small,
but the rewards at both mentor and mentee level can be very rich. (I can
testify, having gotten so much out of it, as both mentee and then mentor,
over the years!)

For more information on the Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship
see <*http://hosted.lib.uiowa.edu/smfs/mff/index.html
<http://hosted.lib.uiowa.edu/smfs/mff/index.html>*>. Please note that it is
not necessary to be a member of SMFS in order to participate in the
mentoring exchange (although we certainly encourage you to join - it is
easy and worthwhile).

Please email with any questions: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Laura

--
Laura Saetveit Miles