I've been to services at Adel before Boddington closed & liked  it as a functioning parish.
Tom Izbicki

From: "John Dillon" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 3:43:35 PM
Subject: [M-R] John the Baptist at Adel (WAS:  [M-R] Suffolk wall paintings damaged)

Gordon Plumb wrote:
"John the Baptist at Adel is a lovely church, with some fascinating Continental roundels in vestry windows and other interesting glass as well. Images are on my Flickr site in an album. I imagine you know this church from attending the Leeds Medieval?"

Just so.  Though since the university closed Bodington Hall a few years back the International Medieval Congress is now held at the university's main campus just north of the Inner Ring Road, putting Adel rather well out of convenient walking distance.

Another way in which people come to discover this church is through visits to the garden at York Gate:
http://www.gardenvisit.com/garden/york_gate_garden
http://perennial.org.uk/garden/york-gate-garden/
York Gate is on Back Church Lane just SSE of the church grounds.  An unpaved lane up to the church starts from the north end of the verge across the road from York Gate itself.

Best again,
John Dillon