Hi,

I would begin here :

The New Testament in Its Literary Environment
David Edward Aune
James Clarke & Co., 1988

(A study of the relationship between the New Testament writings and other literature of late antiquity. This comprehensive introduction identifies and describes the major literary genres and forms found in the New Testament and Early Christian non-canonical literature. Comparing them with those prevalent in Judaism and Hellenism, it sheds light on the conventions that the New Testament writers chose to follow.)

But mainly because it is on my shelves - there might be something newer around. And then proceed to this :

The Westminster Dictionary of New Testament and Early Christian Literature ...
By David Edward Aune
Westminster John Knox Press, 2003

(Which I, unfortunately, don’t have at hand)

Best Karen Schousboe

Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and
get the MEDIEVAL NEWS about exhibitions, books, research and finds