Re: vision / sight as a means of gaining knowledge

Hi,
You can try looking into the clara visio tradition. I write a bit about
it in my book, The Gnostic Paradigm: Forms of Knowing in English
Literature of the Late Middle Ages, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015
http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/the-gnostic-paradigm-/?K=9781137474766
You can also find some relevant bibliography there.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Natanela