Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the provisional programme for the IAMCR Pre-Conference 'Spain's Civil War 80 years later: The wound that will not heal?' has been released. The conference is taking place at Canterbury Christ Church University on 18 and 19 July 2016.

In addition to the rich collection of individual presentations and keynote papers being delivered during the conference, we have organised a free public event in the evening of 18 July, sponsored by the Centre for Research on Communities and Cultures at Canterbury Christ Church University.

Giles Tremlett, the Guardian's Madrid correspondent, and author of Ghosts of Spain (2007), will deliver a public talk. We will also be displaying an exhibition by the Asociación para la Recuperación de la Memoria Histórica (ARMH).

The provisional programme and the registration site are available at http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/arts-and-humanities/media-art-and-design/crcc/conferences/spains-civil-war-80-years-later-the-wound-that-will-not-heal.aspx

Please register by 15 June to take advantage of the Early Bird fees. Standard fees will be applicable from 16 June until the beginning of the conference.

Attendance to the public talk and exhibition on Monday evening is free, but must be booked through the registration link above.

Please contact me if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in Canterbury!

Best wishes,
Ruth

Dr Ruth Sanz Sabido
Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication
School Coordinator of International

Chair, MeCCSA Social Movements Network
Convenor, Canterbury Media Discourse Group
Book Series: 'Protest, Media and Culture'  | http://www.rowmaninternational.com/series/protest-media-and-culture

Twitter: @rs_sabido
Profile: https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/arts-and-humanities/media-art-and-design/Staff/Profiles.aspx?staff=15db4ea593210773

Erasmus Building, Es12
School of Media, Art and Design
Canterbury Christ Church University
North Holmes Road | Canterbury | CT1 1QU