*Apologies for cross-posting*

CILIP are seeking entries for the 2016 Libraries Change Lives Award<http://www.cilip.org.uk/cilip/cilip-libraries-change-lives-award> - the highest accolade UK-based library, information or knowledge-based services or initiative can.

We welcome entries from practitioners representing services and initiatives in any sector which can clearly demonstrate the value added to their organisation or community and which reflect innovation, intelligent service design or best practice delivery.

·         Open to ALL SECTORS

·         A chance to win £4000 investment from CILIP

·         National profile for our 3 finalists

·         Opportunity to contribute to a key UK library & information best practice evidence base

Our judges, from the CILIP Community, Diversity and Equality Group, are keen to promote social justice through the use of library, information and knowledge services to empower people and improve their quality of life. They will assess entries based on the following questions:

1. What is the role of the library/information/knowledge service (and any partners if applicable)?
2. Who is your target audience?
3. How do you benefit the organisation and the library or information service?
4. How is the work funded?
5. What are your future plans for this work?
6. How does your work contribute to the equalities agenda?
7. How are you changing lives?

Apply by 30 April 2016
Visit www.cilip.org.uk/lcla<http://www.cilip.org.uk/lcla> for award criteria, eligibility & 2016 application form.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D18F2D.C98BFCF0]

Cat Cooper
Communications and Campaigns Manager
CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals
7 Ridgmount St
London
WC1E 7AE

Direct line: 020 7255 0653