Hello,

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions.

Most libraries who responded are using beam counters which are simple and easy to install and collect data from.

Exlibris had a solution using mobile phones

Thermal counters are more complex to install but more accurate 94-94% accuracy. They need network for each device and can be either hosted or on the network.

Issues to resolve with the supplier include who owns the data and how the data is transferred through local network firewalls etc.

Thanks

Nicola

Nicola Haworth

Library Services Manager  |  The Library

Clifford Whitworth Building, University of Salford, Salford  M5 4WT

t: +44 (0) 161 295 6720

Email [log in to unmask]  | www.salford.ac.uk/library

PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail!

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions.

Most libraries who responded are using beam counters which are simple and easy to install and collect data from.

Exlibris had a solution using mobile phones

Thermal counters are more complex to install but more accurate 94-94% accuracy. They need network for each device and can be either hosted or on the network.

Issues to resolve with the supplier include who owns the data and how the data is transferred through local network firewalls etc.

Thanks

Nicola

Nicola Haworth

Library Services Manager  |  The Library

Clifford Whitworth Building, University of Salford, Salford  M5 4WT

t: +44 (0) 161 295 6720

Email [log in to unmask]  | www.salford.ac.uk/library

    combined

  twitter

PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail!