(sorry for cross-posting)

We still have a few places available for our upcoming event on the 28th
April - details below:

The *CILIP Multimedia Information and Technology Group, Scotland* invites
members to attend the* 13th Annual General Meeting* and post-AGM
presentation by Dr Martin Goodfellow, Coder in Residence at Glasgow Life,
on Coding in Libraries.

*Venue*:       The Old Glasgow Room, Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3
7DN
*Date/time*:  *Thursday 28th April 2016, 2.00pm – 4.00 pm**.*  Registration
is from 1.30pm.

*Directions* :  Getting to the Mitchell Library
<http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/libraries/your-local-library/leisure-lifestyle-mitchell/getting-here/Pages/default.aspx>
*Booking*: *This is a free event* but please email
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> to book
your place.

Refreshments (tea/coffee/biscuits will be available)

*Note:* Non-members are welcome to attend the AGM but are not eligible to
vote.

*Post-AGM Presentation, open to all*

We are delighted to announce that Dr Martin Goodfellow, Coder in Residence
at Glasgow Life, will talk about* Coding in Libraries*.

In an increasingly digital world, coding is becoming the fourth literacy.
It’s important that the so-called digital natives aren’t just digital
consumers but also digital makers. This won’t only contribute to the future
of technology but also help them in their future careers as technology is
embraced in more and more areas of work. So what are libraries doing to
support this?

The MmITS committee looks forward to welcoming you on the 28th April in
Glasgow.

*Committee vacancies*

We are looking for new members to join our friendly committee! If you are a
member of CILIP and want to get involved in your profession, if you are
interested in technology, we would love to hear from you. We are in
particular looking to fill the roles of secretary and treasurer but anyone
interested can join as ordinary member as well. Please let us know either
in person on the 28th April or by responding to this email if you are
interested.

On behalf of the Committee

Alexandra De Pretto
MmITS Secretary